06 Apr Neverest Melbourne – 2019 DATES TBA
April 6, 2019 - April 7, 2019
$60.00 Team Participant
$80.00 Solo Participant
$30.00 Student Participant (you must show student ID at rego desk on the day)
START from 6pm Friday CUT-OFF by 11pm Saturday
START from 7am Saturday CUT-OFF by 11pm Saturday
*Please note this is not a relay. Team members can walk/run the track concurrently. If you have a large team (more than 6 participants) we encourage you to start later in the day, to ease congestion on the track, however team members can also stagger their starts.
By CAR – we strongly encourage you to carpool with your team or supporters. Parking is available at the 1000 steps carpark near the registration area.
By PUBLIC TRANSPORT – it’s not the easiest. Take a train to Upper Ferntree Gully Station then it’s approximately 1.4km walk to the registration area.
Registration opens November 30, 2017 and closes March 30, 2018.
- Fleece Jumper (synthetic or wool), particularly for those going overnight
- Rain coat
- Water bottle or Camelbak style bladder
- Electrolyte or sports drink
- Muesli bars and other snacks of personal preference (you’ll be burning roughly 500-1000 calories an hour, so you’ll need to keep well fuelled and hydrated! Better to bring more food than not have enough)
- A change of clothes so you don’t get cold from your sweat when you stop or take a break.
- Consider bringing a collapsible chair
- Spare pair of socks
- Strapping tape
- Band-Aids and Blister blockers
Strongly recommended for Solos and teams of 2 (in addition to the above):
- Hiking Poles particularly for solo participants or teams of 2
- Headtorch (even if you’re doing it in a team from Saturday morning, you may be going into Saturday night)
“Everesting” is running or walking laps of a hill to simulate climbing Everest. The Kathmandu Neverest Challenge is organised by and is a fundraiser for the Australian Himalayan Foundation for their work in Nepal, Bhutan and India. Neverest began in 2015 following the devastating earthquakes in Nepal, and has grown to accommodate over 500 entrants each year in 3 unique locations.