29 May Australia’s Biggest Curry Night 2020
May 29, 2020
May 29 is the anniversary of the first ascent of Mt Everest in 1953 by Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary. Each year the Australian Himalayan Foundation celebrates this feat and Sir Edmund’s legacy, and our ongoing work to contribute to the Himalaya with a “family” dinner. Learn more about Himalaya Day here.
Given the current COVID-19 restrictions we’re moving our Himalaya Day Dinner to your home for the first time ever! We would love your family and friends’ company to make it #australiasbiggestcurrynight.
So gather your virtual dinner crowd (your friends and family); share a delicious curry meal together; and help us provide support for vulnerable Himalayan communities by donating online.
PLAN YOUR NIGHT
We’ve got lots of fun things to do on your night, including our Himalayan trivia, curry recipes, fun for the kids, Himalayan music, and some great prizes.
If you’re a budding or experienced curry chef, check out our short how-to videos from Nilgiri’s chef Ajoy Joshi and more!
How Does a Virtual Dinner Work?
- Decide who’s coming and all register: Invite your guests to join your virtual dinner, and ask them to register so we know who is joining us for #australiasbiggestcurrynight. Size is no barrier in the virtual world – the more the spicier! Get curried away!
- Get familiar with your chosen platform: Choose from one of the usual suspects: Zoom, Facetime, Skype or Google Hangouts. Or simply enjoy a curry dinner with the members of your household.
- Decide what you’re eating: Would you prefer to order in? Or cook your own curry? (Get inspired by AHF’s Indian fish curry with Upala) You could coordinate your menus with all parties so you take the spice ride together.
- Donate: Help us support vulnerable Himalayan families and communities by donating online. Why not donate what you’d normally spend on dinner out (for a family or per person)?
- Get snap-happy: Don’t forget to snap some pics of you and your dinner guests enjoying your curry. Upload them to our Facebook or Instagram with #australiasbiggestcurrynight (or send us an email). Once you have registered online AND emailed or uploaded a tagged photo you’re automatically in the draw for some great prizes.