01 Sep Ed Hillary’s Backyard NZ
September 1, 2021 - September 14, 2021
Announcing AHF’s unique Ed Hillary’s backyard tour of New Zealand with Peter Hillary
Approximate dates 1-14 September 2021 (dates to be confirmed).
This truly outstanding trip is personally devised and led by Sir Edmund Hillary’s son Peter. Featuring Ed’s “first decent mountain” (seeing it, not climbing it!), homes, heritage, family and friends, and a stunning array of natural and cultural sites of New Zealand.
This trip will be full of wonderful experiences, including:
- Personal family insights and memories shared by Peter and other family members and friends of Sir Ed
- Conservation projects, national parks, and cultural & natural heritage sites
- High country sheep stations, trail walks and a mountain gondola trip
- Wineries and other optional activities such as special mountain flights and fly fishing.
Ed Hillary’s Legacy
Sir Edmund Hillary’s humanitarian work and legacy in the Himalaya are legendary. The Australian Himalayan Foundation is proud to continue with our vital work inspired by and carrying on that legacy.
Peter Hillary, two-time Everest summiteer, adventurer and trip guide, is a Founding Director of the Australian Himalayan Foundation and will be joined by AHF Chairman Simon Balderstone AM, also an experienced trip leader and guide.
The cost of the trip is estimated to be AUD $8-9,000. There will also be a $5,000 donation (tax-deductible) to the Australian Himalayan Foundation.
- All accommodation (twin-share) and breakfasts;
- Transport within New Zealand;
- Welcome dinner;
- Farewell dinner
The price excludes international airfares. This trip is planned for 1-15 September 2021 – exact dates and the final costs and itineraries will be determined very soon, however will be subject to COVID travel restrictions.
Expressions of Interest
We invite you to submit an ‘Expression of Interest’ now for this truly unique 15-day journey, and we’ll contact you with