17 Mar Everest Views Trek with Brigitte Muir! (17 – 29 March 2024)
March 17, 2024 - March 29, 2024
Gain a unique insight into this remote, spectacular and spiritual part of Nepal
About Brigitte Muir OAM
Belgian born Brigitte Muir OAM has had a passion for adventure since she as a child, and after trying caving in high school, she embarked on a high-altitude mountaineering career that spanned over thirty years and seven continents. Brigitte moved to Australia in 1983, after falling in love with the vastness of the continent and its big skies and became Australian in 1987. Ten years later, she was at the top of Mount Everest, the highest mountain in Asia, and last on her quest to climb the highest peak on each continent.
She reconverted to storytelling, and teaching people high altitude climbing for World Expeditions in Nepal and Tibet, before dedicating herself to a small subsistence farming village in the Solukhumbu region called Lura. She has been filming there since 2007 and raising funds for women empowerment since 2009.
Brigitte’s deep connection with the land and the people allow participants a unique insight into the life of every day Tamang and Sherpa people which is neigh impossible in the more touristy of areas of Solukhumbu, Langtang and Annapurna.
If you’re seeking an outdoor holiday with good company, great views and professional tips on how to best trek at altitude, then you just found it. Spring time in Nepal is rhododendron season which means if you’re lucky enough to have clear skies, you’ll be met with the gorgeous fragrance of Nepal’s national flower.
The combination of Brigitte’s warm and friendly personality, expert trekking skills and local knowledge means anyone who joins this trip will create memories that will last a lifetime.
About the Trek
This trek is for people with moderate fitness, and as with any trekking endeavour, it’s advisable to begin training about 4 months in advance. You will be walking between 6 & 8 hours most days.
As with all mountain hiking this experience will involve some steep inclines, but you are welcome to take your time and walk at your own pace. There is no rush. Yet if you want to go fast, you have that option too!
Brigitte and her Nepalese guides will steer you along the trails where you’ll have time to relax and take in the incredible views of the entire Himalayan range including Everest, Lhotse, Tenkharka and Makalu.
Brigitte always endeavours to find the route less travelled.
Your special 2024 trekking holiday awaits!
- Trekking with Everest summiteer Brigitte Muir
- Meet the beautiful village people of Lura who Brigitte calls family
- Trekking along off the ‘beaten track’ and secluded mountain trails
- Best views of Mt Everest and the entire Himalayan chain
- Slow travel and mindful walking – absolute physical and mental reset
- Spiritual experience visiting small Buddhist monasteries to meditate and chant with the monks
- Option for yoga, meditation and introduction to qigong
- Trek through forests which are home to the Red Panda
- Immerse yourself in traditional subsistence farming villages of remote and rural Nepal.
- Visit a school that is supported by AHF and REED Nepal’s Teacher Training Quality Inclusive Education (TTQIE) project
- Luxury camping and first-class service
Trip Dates: 17 Mar 2024 to 29 March 2024
Duration: 13 Days
Grade: Introduction to Moderate
Trip cost: $4350 plus $200 registration fee per person
Participants: Min 8 / Max 12
Suggested fundraising: $1,000
- 12 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 10 dinners
- 2 nights Radisson hotel on a twin share with breakfast
- On trek, stay in exclusive camps and mountain lodges in the foothills of the Everest region
- Internal flights in Nepal (Kathmandu to Phaplu return)
- All internal transport by private bus, jeeps, car or scheduled air service
- Airport transfers (providing you arrive and depart on the dates stated in the itinerary)
- Gear package including kit bag (yours to keep), sleeping bag and liner, insulated sleeping mat and down or fibre filled jacket on trek (valued at over $US500)
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
- Nepal leader and kitchen staff
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Emergency group medical kit
- Huma training manual, gear list and fundraising guidebook
- Trip led by Brigitte Muir and World Expeditions guide Kesar Kasi
What’s not included:
- International flights
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Optional tips for porters: allow AUD$8 (total) per day
- Optional tips for temples & local entertainment on trek: allow AUD$10 (total)
Take a look at this video below to get a sneak peek of what Brigitte’s trek in 2024 has in store for you!