27 May Bhutan – culture & nature adventure (More details on date to come soon)
May 27, 2024 - June 13, 2024
Immerse yourself in the Himalayan kingdom on this 12-day Bhutan tour.
- A magical trip through Bhutan’s spectacular mountain scenery with our AHF Founding Chair
- Easy, relaxing day walks and quality accommodation throughout
- View Tiger’s Nest, Gangtey Tshechu Festival, black-necked cranes and more
- Spend time with AHF partner RENEW and other special experiences
Join AHF Director and Founding Chair Simon Balderstone, with expert local guides, on this fascinating and relaxing trip to explore Druk-yul, the land of the thunder dragon. You will experience wonderful trail walks and hikes, Tiger’s Nest Monastery, Gangtey Tshechu Festival, cultural tours, authentic & delicious cuisine and more.
You’ll also gain inspiring insights into the support AHF is providing to the people of Bhutan with visits to our projects and our NGO partner RENEW (Respect, Educate, Nurture and Empower Women). All funds raised from this special trek will go to support AHF programs like RENEW’s education project. AHF programs improve health, environmental, and education outcomes for disadvantaged families in Bhutan, Nepal and the Indian Himalaya.
“Bhutan is so beautiful, so different in character to every other place on earth. It is always an absolute pleasure and privilege to be there and enjoy its magnificent nature and people.” – Simon Balderstone
To register or for more information, contact the Australian Himalayan Foundation:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9438 1822
- Twin Share – USD 4,560.00 per person
- Single (King room) – USD 4,905.00 per Person
Based on 8-9 people in group (if fewer people, the rate per person will be marginally higher). Min. of 4 needed.
A minimum tax-deductible donation of $2,500 to the Australian Himalayan Foundation is a requirement of joining this trip.
This amount can be fundraised, or your donation can be made payable to directly to AHF. Please contact Rishi Dhillon at email@example.com with any questions about fundraising.
- Accommodation (1 room on single or twin sharing basis)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner in local Bhutanese restaurants or hotels (set or buffet or a la carte where possible), mineral water
- Transportation throughout Bhutan with a dedicated driver
- English speaking certified guide
- All sight-seeing indicated in the itinerary and entrance fee to monuments and museums (updated July 2022)
- All government taxes including sustainable development fees (USD 100 per person per night, when applicable)
- Arrangement of Bhutan visa & visa fee (USD 40 per person)
What’s not included:
- Aerated drinks, juices, alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc
- Insurance (travel, trek – mandatory for visa application)