19 Feb Ten Peaks Trek
February 19, 2021 - February 23, 2021
Join Zac Zaharias or Mike Edmondson, Australia’s most experienced guides on our first 2021 Snowy Mountains trek in Mt Kosciuszko National Park. Bring your camera for an unforgettable 4 day weekend.
- Climb the ten highest peaks in Australia on this Snowy Mountains trek
- A safe, expertly led trek with intimate knowledge of Australia’s high country
- Comfortable lodge in the heart of the Snowy Mountains with a warm shower at the end of each day
- Delicious fresh meals for breakfast and dinner and a packed lunch with snacks for the walk
- Stunning audio-visual presentation by our guides as part of our evening program
- Medical wilderness trained leader
Snowy Mountains Challenge
The Ten Aussie Peaks trek is run in Australia’s stunning high country. The challenge is to complete all Ten Peaks over four days. The track is variable, from gravel to rougher rocky roads, possible snowdrifts and snowgrass sections that require waterproof footwear with ankle support (i.e. boots). We recommend a reasonable level of fitness.
Peak Learning Adventures appreciates that we can be all time challenged. We also offer a three-day option that enables you to climb eight summits, or the two-day option where you can achieve six summits. The cost per person is as follows:
- Two days, two nights $ 550
- Three days, three nights $ 800
- Four days, four nights $ 1,100
Whatever time you can afford, this trek through Australia’s beautiful Snowy Mountains is sure to relax you.
The Ten Peaks challenge has been a fundraiser for the Australian Himalayan Foundation since 2016.
You can donate funds yourself or look for sponsorship from friends and family such as a set amount per peak climbed, or a dollar per metre etc. The combined height of all ten peaks is 21,788 metres.
All donations support the work of the AHF to improve education, health and the environment in India, Bhutan and Nepal. Donations of $2 and above are tax deductible.
We do ask that you aim as a minimum goal that you raise $ 500.
- Accommodation (twin-share)
- All meals (except final dinner)
- National Park fees (does not include Visitor entry pass)
- 3 x Chair-lift passes
- Full Guiding services
- Satellite phone coverage and rescue
- Full public liability insurance
- Ten Peaks Achievement certificate
- Travel to and from Thredbo
- National Parks Visitor/Car Entry
- Alcoholic drinks, eating out.
- Personal clothing and equipment